Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Triathlon!

The triathlon was SO great! We had such a blast cheering each other on. This is a picture of all our friends and some family that participated in it! We all did great and we all survived! Yeah for us!
This is when Dave came across the finish line. His head band makes his ears stick out, hahah! But isn't he cute! I was so proud of him! He finished hard! His over all time was 1 hour 17 minutes. He finished 27th out of the whole race! Yeah Dave!

This is us with our ribbons. Dave got 3rd in his division. That's men 30-35 on the road bike. I finished 4th in womens, 30-40 year old group on Mt. Bikes. I have a 5th place ribbon, but when I looked up online, they had changed my placement. I really finished 4th. Yeah for me! I even swam an extra lap due to a mistake by the judges. That really threw a wrench in my mental game right at the beginning! But it only made me more determined to kick some butt!
Over all, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'd do it again next year! It was really fun to train and work together with Dave for a common goal.

4 comments:

Rich and Andrea said...

Yeah! good job guys. My question is, did Sara beat you? hahah

Rachel said...

Holy Crap! That's awesome! 4th! I was thinking, wow it would be cool if I finished. Period.

DianeM said...

Thanks for finally posting the pics!! You guys are awesome and have inadvertently made my daily work outs much more difficult so I'll be ready to kick your butts next year!

Super Cooper said...

You rock girl! you look awesome. I am training to do one next year. Gotta start slow, im almost 40 you know. Miss you guys, but im coming in august.

Heather